Lemon Drizzle Cake
Takes approximately 1 hour.
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cups of sugar
- 110g (2 table spoon) of butter (spread or margarine)
- 1 cup of self-raising flour
- 1 tea spoon of baking powder
- 4 table spoons of milk
- 1 lemon
- Beat butter with sugar.
- Beat in 2 eggs, milk, flour and the baking powder.
- Mix in zest of one lemon and whisk constantly for two minutes.
- Put it into a greased tin lined with grease proof paper and bake for 40 min at gas mark 4 (140°C).
- Meanwhile prepare the syrup topping: mix the juice from the lemon with half a cup of sugar, warm up to dissolve the sugar.
- When the cake is ready pierce the cake with the folk and pour the hot syrup over it.
Chechik Adventures: Home/Recipes/Desserts